Brand new WW2 German Guns (Mp44, Mp38, Fg42) - Page 2 - Gun Hub
Gun Hub

Go Back   Gun Hub > Battle Rifles > Semi Auto

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
bearcat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,968
I just bought a Stg 44 clone in .22 long rifle on a gunbroker auction. I really didn't want to pay that much for a .22 but I couldn't resist. Here's a link to the auction. STG-44 Semi-Auto 22 Long Rifle by GSG Sports *New* : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com
bearcat6 is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Javlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Biloxi, MS
Posts: 1,530
If she functions well I thing you did good @ $529 Nice looking rifle and crate layout
Javlin is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 5,678
For a .22lr, the cool factor is off the chart. Congrats.
Kevin Gibson is offline  
 
Old 11-15-2012, 04:14 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
ExSarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 1,360
Links are 404ing (Not Found)? They go offline or out of business?
ExSarge is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Javlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Biloxi, MS
Posts: 1,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExSarge View Post
Links are 404ing (Not Found)? They go offline or out of business?
Here's a clip from a gun show Sarge.Bearcat shot that thing yet?thoughts?


Last edited by Javlin; 11-15-2012 at 05:14 AM.
Javlin is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #26
Moderator
 
Snake45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: "Close, but no donut!"
Posts: 13,113
There's a writeup on this in the new (11/20) issue of Shotgun News.

I was lusting for one until I read the benchrest performance: 1.5" groups with SV ammo, @ 2" with hi-vel, at 25 yards. Good heavens, I have several .22 pistols that will shoot better than that from standing Weaver, and a LOT better benched. I'd consider 1.5-2" benched groups to be on the low end of mediocre at 50 yards from a .22 semiauto rifle. My $90 Norinco JW-14 SKS/G43 lookalike will do better than that. So will my old Jager .22 AK.
Snake45 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake45 View Post
There's a writeup on this in the new (11/20) issue of Shotgun News.

I was lusting for one until I read the benchrest performance: 1.5" groups with SV ammo, @ 2" with hi-vel, at 25 yards. Good heavens, I have several .22 pistols that will shoot better than that from standing Weaver, and a LOT better benched. I'd consider 1.5-2" benched groups to be on the low end of mediocre at 50 yards from a .22 semiauto rifle. My $90 Norinco JW-14 SKS/G43 lookalike will do better than that. So will my old Jager .22 AK.
If itís any consolation, itís been my observation that many Americanís shoot traditional open sights rather poorly due to some fundamental misunderstanding of how to wring accuracy out of that type of sight. Europeans have no problem with it at all, but Americanís whine like mad when you give them an open sight. So I find myself wondering about the shooting proficiency of the evaluator.

Itís not easy to make a semi-auto .22lr rifle that inaccurate. There is very little barrel vibration that goes on, and a simple blow back mechanism is an aid to accuracy, not a hindrance. Now it could be that theyíre trying to do something goofy with a tensioned barrel or some such nonsense; but thatís not very likely. AR-7ís have goofy barrels and they shoot as well or better at 25 yards; most would do 2Ē-3Ē at 50 yards. It could also be that the sights were loose and the evaluator didnít catch it. But honestly, 2Ē at 25 yards being the BEST it could do from a rested position out of a rifleÖthatís a bit hard to swallow.
Kevin Gibson is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Javlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Biloxi, MS
Posts: 1,530
I am with Kevin on this for the time being maybe Bearcat will chime in?I find it hard to believe a 22 that inaccurate mainly thinking harmonics here on the barrel.I guess it's a possibilty it could be a POS barrel or setup but even my old tube loader 22 from Sears(?) shoots accurate out to 100yds granted the barrel might be a couple inches longer.All I shoot is open sights so it's right up my alley just have not shot in awhile just keep making ammo.
Javlin is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #29
Moderator
 
Snake45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: "Close, but no donut!"
Posts: 13,113
The new issue of GUNS magazine, which also came in today's mail, also has a writeup on the thing. Groups ran from 7/8" to 1 3/8", but the reviewer never got around to saying at what range he shot these groups. If they were at 50 yards, that's very creditable performance. If they were at 25, not so much--but these numbers would be in line with the Shotgun News results.
Snake45 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #30
Moderator
 
Snake45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: "Close, but no donut!"
Posts: 13,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake45 View Post
The new issue of GUNS magazine, which also came in today's mail, also has a writeup on the thing. Groups ran from 7/8" to 1 3/8", but the reviewer never got around to saying at what range he shot these groups. If they were at 50 yards, that's very creditable performance. If they were at 25, not so much--but these numbers would be in line with the Shotgun News results.
Same issue has a writeup on the new Umarex .22 Uzi from the same author. Groups from this one were even worse and were specified as being shot at 25 yards, so absent further evidence I'm assuming the other ones were, too.
Snake45 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Javlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Biloxi, MS
Posts: 1,530
WOW ! all these reports coming in the same I will have to opt out for one unless we hear from Bearcat otherwise. shucks

and the Umarex was worse?

Last edited by Javlin; 11-16-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Javlin is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #32
Moderator
 
Snake45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: "Close, but no donut!"
Posts: 13,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javlin View Post
WOW ! all these reports coming in the same I will have to opt out for one unless we hear from Bearcat otherwise. shucks

and the Umarex was worse?
Umarex Uzi's BEST 25 yard group was 1 1/4", worst was 2 7/8". I can shoot most of my .22 rifles offhand better than that.

In my experience, just about any .22 rifle should be able to bust 1/2"--or no worse than 5/8"--at 25 yards with at least one brand of cheap, plinker-grade ammo. One of my worst is a 1:12 AR-15 with the USGI M261 conversion, and even it will hang around an inch or just over at 25 yards.
Snake45 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
bearcat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,968
It will be sometime until I will be able to get to the range with this thing but I will report when I do. I hope it's more accurate than people are reporting.
bearcat6 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake45 View Post
Umarex Uzi's BEST 25 yard group was 1 1/4", worst was 2 7/8". I can shoot most of my .22 rifles offhand better than that.

In my experience, just about any .22 rifle should be able to bust 1/2"--or no worse than 5/8"--at 25 yards with at least one brand of cheap, plinker-grade ammo. One of my worst is a 1:12 AR-15 with the USGI M261 conversion, and even it will hang around an inch or just over at 25 yards.
MAN, seems like they would have had to go out of their way to make a rifle that inaccurate. Were they trying to make General Kalashnikov feel good or something?
Kevin Gibson is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Javlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Biloxi, MS
Posts: 1,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat6 View Post
It will be sometime until I will be able to get to the range with this thing but I will report when I do. I hope it's more accurate than people are reporting.
Awe shoot Bearcat just set it up in the backyard and claim you were shooting a giant attack size squirrel. I had a kid who worked for me said the squirrels in that neck of the woods made ours look like dwarfs.
Javlin is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
bearcat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,968
Here's a range report on the STG 44. It shoots good enough for me. This target was shot at 50 yards with bulk Federal ammo, I had two ftf in 50 rounds. The horizontal stringing was from making sight adjustments. The one hole in the center is from a full 25 round mag fired pretty rapidly. By the way I found out the STG will accept an H&K claw mount.

bearcat6 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Javlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Biloxi, MS
Posts: 1,530
That looks good from this end Bearcat and I bet with practice and better ammo 2" and smaller groups @100.Looks like a keeper .Any feed issues?(got it ftf=fail to feed)I see were Aim has had some of these Stg44 might be looking that way.Also saw a vid on the net for 15yds and the gun sounded really quiet is that the case?Anyway thanks for the range report Sir

Last edited by Javlin; 12-03-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Javlin is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
bearcat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,968
I was wearing ear plugs and I usually shoot centerfires so I don't know if it was specially quiet I wasn't paying much attention to noise. It's really fun to shoot though and it weighs a ton for a .22 so i'ts ver pleasant to shoot.
bearcat6 is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 5,678
Bearcat,

Sounds like a winner to me; congratulations!!
Kevin Gibson is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
IrishCop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Decatur, Al
Posts: 2,614
Alright you guys, stop it!! Looks like I know what I am going to do when (if?) I get a tax refund next year.

I'm glad I ain't never been hypnotized. I am apparently extremely susceptible to suggestion.
IrishCop is offline  
Reply

  Gun Hub > Battle Rifles > Semi Auto


Search tags for this page
fg42 for sale
,

german mp38 for sale

,
mp 38 semi auto for sale
,

mp38 for sale

,

mp44 for sale

,
mp44 semi auto for sale
,
semi auto fg42 for sale
,
semi auto mp38 for sale
,

semi auto mp44 for sale

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Single barrel guns vs. Gatling Guns Snake45 Gun Talk 54 03-03-2010 08:21 PM
90's era Shoei FG42 First Model Avyctes Guns 4 03-09-2009 07:26 AM
WTS- Brand new East German sling for AK/SKS Deputyjason Accessories 1 12-23-2006 08:17 PM
Brand new poster with a brand new (2 me) M1 - almost df357 M1 Garand 13 09-04-2004 01:15 PM




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2020 Gun Hub. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.