Hi from MA - Gun Hub
Gun Hub

Go Back   Gun Hub > Welcome > New Users

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: MA
Posts: 75
Hi from MA

I'm another old fart gun owner/grandpa/patriot.

I live in MA, but it has nothing to do with my decidedly conservative political philosophy.

This place was recommended by a friend so I'm looking forward to a great time here.

My interests in guns lie primarily with S&W, Ruger, and BCM, when it comes to the 'black arts'.

In knives, I'm a Spyderco, CRKT, HAK, SOG, Kershaw sort of guy.
Phenix is offline  
Old 07-13-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
Moderator
 
Snake45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: "Close, but no donut!"
Posts: 12,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
I'm another old fart gun owner/grandpa/patriot.

I live in MA, but it has nothing to do with my decidedly conservative political philosophy.

This place was recommended by a friend so I'm looking forward to a great time here.

My interests in guns lie primarily with S&W, Ruger, and BCM, when it comes to the 'black arts'.

In knives, I'm a Spyderco, CRKT, HAK, SOG, Kershaw sort of guy.
Welcome! I think you'll like it here. A real good bunch, and no bottom-feeding backstabbers.
Snake45 is offline  
Old 07-13-2016, 05:44 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
csmkersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,733
Welcome to the group, Phenix. We've got a wide variety of backgrounds and knowledge. I think you'll enjoy your time here.
csmkersh is offline  
 
Old 07-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
WaltGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 3,451
Well met, friend.

Lots of good folks here and, other than me, very few jackwagons...
WaltGraham is offline  
Old 07-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
stand watie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,301
Phenix,

WELCOME ABOARD. - Here we are called EOF (as in EXPERIENCED Old Farts) & "USC" or Unsanitary Senior Citizens, rather than DOM.

LOL.

yours, sw
stand watie is online now  
Old 07-14-2016, 03:35 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
TooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Benches of Utah
Posts: 2,022
Welcome aboard. Pull up a seat and enjoy.
TooTall is offline  
Old 07-14-2016, 01:12 PM   #7
Moderator
 
Snake45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: "Close, but no donut!"
Posts: 12,693
Phenix, see if you have a PM from me at the old joint. Something weird is going on there.

If you don't have one, email me.

ETA: Did you send me a PM at the old joint this morning? And then delete the message before I read it? If not, that means something SERIOUSLY weird is going on there.

Last edited by Snake45; 07-14-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Snake45 is offline  
Old 07-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Diamondback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Seattle area--Sodom & Gomorrah on Puget Sound
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand watie View Post
Phenix,

WELCOME ABOARD. - Here we are called EOF (as in EXPERIENCED Old Farts) & "USC" or Unsanitary Senior Citizens, rather than DOM.

LOL.

yours, sw
Some of us youngsters prefer to think of y'all as "Distinguished Veterans."

Welcome aboard, OP!
Diamondback is online now  
Old 07-14-2016, 04:11 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Skeptic49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 2,253
Set by the fireplace and put your feet up!
Relax and wiggle your toes.
This is a small place by internet standards, don't expect rapid answers. But the answers you do get are based on experience.
Geoff
Who is a local youth of 66 summers.
Skeptic49 is offline  
Old 07-15-2016, 07:50 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
IrishCop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Decatur, Al
Posts: 2,552
A belated welcome aboard, Phenix. I think you'll find this the most polite and knowledgeable crowd (in a lot of disciplines) that you'll find anywhere.

Enjoy!
IrishCop is offline  
Old 07-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: MA
Posts: 75
Thanks to all for the warm welcomes!

I'm looking forward to getting to this.
Phenix is offline  
Old 07-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: MA
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake45 View Post
Phenix, see if you have a PM from me at the old joint. Something weird is going on there.

If you don't have one, email me.

ETA: Did you send me a PM at the old joint this morning? And then delete the message before I read it? If not, that means something SERIOUSLY weird is going on there.
Weird indeed. I didn't change my mind and delete anything.
Phenix is offline  
Reply

  Gun Hub > Welcome > New Users

Thread Tools
Display Modes





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2017 Gun Hub. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.